Glittering in tears like diamond size swishing over the mossy rocks joyfully creates the image of Tumalog falls of Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu. True enough it’s a beauty of its own! This little gem is made a name among tourist and visitors of Oslob as a Must visit in Oslob and in general a must visit in Cebu.
Surrounded with lofty tropical trees, the place is glowing in emerald hue and shaded the pavement with trees shadows. If you recently have watch the move of Jurassic Park its more likely it appears in my own perspective. Tumalog falls stood out from its background for its beauty of its own way.
As time goes, I have seen a massive improvement in the road remembering how struggling it used to be way back my first visit now it can be easily access with a smooth concrete road either by hike or by motorcycle. Knowing the true-Blue Cebuano mentality he rather walk to save , Cebuanos can be a little stringy at times.
Tumalog falls: A beauty of its own
Under the Sugbo sun, we have trailed a half kilometer of steep road going to the falls foot. The craved karst mountain reminds of immaculate white edifice of Cebu’s Provincial Capitol , it makes a good stop over for a quick photop. Nestled in the lush greens, Tumalog falls serves an oasis in the forest.
Still catching our breath while wiping the teeming sweat, the hush and humming sound of the waterfalls entices its visitor. After 15 minutes of walking, we are now at the foot of Tumalog. Guarded with sky soaring bamboos, the drop off point is filled with mist of the falls, the humming is pleasing and soothing is now louder.
And right before us is the surreal, massive beauty of Tumalog falls. With its hugeness, the tiny droplets of placid water gliding seems fine curtain to the mossy rocks and ferns. Beneath this breath taking sight is a shallow knee deep pool of veneer clear ice-cold water. The slow drizzle of the water sprinkles in the thin air keep around the place cool and bit damp yet refreshing especially under the scorching sun.
Frolicking at the picturesque Tumalog falls
” The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me.” ~ Chris Evans
Around this bamboo shaded foot of Tumalog falls you aside from viewing its scenery. You enjoy some frolicking activities during your visit. Here are some suggestions:
- You can plunge into your body and be soaked with its chilly pool
- Have your back or whole body massaged by Tumalog falls
- Relax and mediate at the waterfalls
- Enjoy a quick bite
- Quench your thirst with a fresh buko juice
- Have a FREE foot spa by Doctor Fish
Since we ended up quivering and shivering just after a few minutes of swimming, we decided to simply just seat at stare at the picturesque Tumalog falls. We are still at awe of its alluring charm, it is incomparable to other falls in Cebu, simply a beauty of its own.
How to get there:
- Go to the South Bus Terminal in Cebu City .
- Ride a bus heading to Oslob or Dumaguete. Tell the driver/ Conductor to drop you at Tan-awan bus stop for Tumalog Falls.
- From there negotiate a motorcycle driver to drive you up to the Tumalog falls and back.
- Once in the entrance, you have two option how to get to the foot of Tumalog falls either you walk or ride on a motorcycle.
- After 10- 15 minutes of walk or 5 minutes motor cycle ride you can get to Tumalog falls.
- Hike up back to the entrance or ride a motorcycle.
- Look for the motorcycle driver you ride on going to the entrance to take you back to the highway.
- Wait in the bus stop at the highway as buses going to Cebu or Dumaguete pass there.
True-Blue Cebuano Travel tips
Let’s make your trip to Tumalog Falls as easy as like taking candy from a baby the true-Blue Cebuano way. Here are some tips, tricks and cheats of true-Blue travel tips!
- Take the earliest trip as much as possible going to south around 4:30 AM
- Make sure to make a deal before riding or availing of a service, make it clear .
- Get your driver name and remember it especially the driver from the highway or your starting point
- There is no signal in the waterfall site so if you give a time to your driver stick to it.
- I suggest bringing a waterproof plastic or using of waterproof camera is best if you want to take at least the waterfall.
- If you are planning to walk, prepare for a very steep road head and don’t give up . Anyway, you can ride going up if you can’t take it.
- Bring food and water if you’re planning to stay there longer.
- Keep a handy cash with you, there is no ATM near the site.
- Be friendly to the local. Cebuanos are warm and friendly folks!
- Avoid visiting the place during dry months mid of January to first week of June.
- Tumalog falls closes around 5PM the latest. Avoid staying late in the falls. Nothing creepy just security purposes.
- If you are a student, make it a habit to bring your school identification (ID) card whenever you travel. They make wonders!haha
Traveling the South is a beautiful scenic sojourn personally. You can enjoy the sights and sounds not to mention the taste of some local delicacies too.#
Daghang Salamat sa pagbisita higala. Thanks for dropping by!
You may want to visit these near by places: